So let’s see… maybe you’re where I was a couple of years ago. Maybe you’re surfing the net looking for ways to make money online. And you’ve stumbled upon a few Wealthy Affiliate reviews like I did.
You think it sounds like a good idea, but you’re just not sure yet because no-one seems to be answering the burning question…
Can You Really Make Money on Wealthy Affiliate?
So I’m going to answer this question for you right upfront.
The answer is YES.
YES, You Can Make Money on Wealthy Affiliate
How can I be so sure?
Because I’ve made money on Wealthy Affiliate. As have many other Members.
You can have a look at my first two income reports if you need proof.
Now don’t laugh. I know $500 or $600 a month isn’t fortunes.
And I know it wasn’t the fastest business growth I’ve ever experienced as an Entrepreneur. I hit my highest month as a Digital Entrepreneur when I made over $1000 in January 2021.
But bear with me here.
Wealthy Affiliate is Not a Get-Rich-Quick Scheme
So if you’re looking to make a fast buck, I wouldn’t recommend you go the Wealthy Affiliate route.
Having said that, I’ve only found a few ethical ways to make fast bucks online but they weren’t dependable ways. They weren’t sustainable, long-term, pay-the-bills-monthly kind of ways.
They were 5 Bucks here, 20 Bucks there… I made 50 Bucks once doing Website Testing for Userlytics (as described in my first Income Report). And that was easy money. I thought I was in the money! I was so excited!
Only to find it was a once-off. I’ve never made another 50 Bucks with them again. I’ve only done one other Test for them and it was months later and they only paid me $25 this time. This is still great considering how little time it took me, but like I said, not sustainable. I can’t live on $25 or even $50 a year.
And then there are a lot of Online Scams offering Quick, Easy Money but when I’ve looked into those I’m never prepared to do what they require me to do because well, it just seems sleazy. You know, those companies that tell you to go make purchases and then cancel them a few days later. I just can’t do that kind of thing. It doesn’t seem ethical to me.
Affiliate Disclaimer: I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
So How Do You Make Money on Wealthy Affiliate?
The simple answer is you make money on Wealthy Affiliate by learning how to create your own website(s) and then monetizing them.
To answer that question properly, I’ll ask and answer another one first.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is an Online University that teaches you how to build your own website or websites and monetize them. Wealthy Affiliate is set up by these two guys, Kyle and Carson:
Their Step-by-Step Success Formula looks like this:
And you’ll learn how to do this in their very first Online Certification Training, which, by the way, is available Free to Starter Members.
You can Sign Up Free Here
Let’s Talk About Timing
I found Step 1, Choosing an Interest the easiest part. I already knew what I wanted to blog about. If you have an existing business or passion you’d like to write about, this should be quick and easy for you too.
Step 3, Attracting Visitors, is the Step that usually takes the longest time (unless of course, you’re already someone famous, with a huge social following clamouring to hear your every word), it’s going to take some time to write enough rich content to build a loyal following, i.e. Traffic to your site.
Kyle teaches you how to access organic traffic, which simply means visitors finding your site when they are searching for something on Google, Bing or Yahoo (or any of the Search Engines). This is where Keyword Research comes in. More about that later.
Step 4, Earning Revenue.
Kyle compares the Two Main Ways to Make Money with Your Website, namely:
- Affiliate Marketing
And teaches you how to set these up.
Although Affiliate Marketing is the main way Kyle recommends earning revenue from a website, there are also tons of other ways to earn money that you will learn along the way (and I’ll touch on some of these later).
What Exactly Do You Learn about Monetizing a Site?
Oh so, so much.
In Kyle’s Online Certification Training and Affiliate Bootcamp, you’ll learn:
- How to find and join Affiliate Programs
- How to find Affiliate Networks
- How to add Affiliate Links to Your Pages and Posts
- How to gain instant access to MILLIONS of products to sell
- How to leverage Product Reviews
- How to Get Paid for Ads on Your Site
- How to Set up your first PPC Campaign
- How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns
And more… so much more. Wealthy Affiliate doesn’t just teach you how to make money, it also offers you ways to make money. Here are 3 more ways you can make money on Wealthy Affiliate.
Further Ways to Make Money on Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate also offers a few others way to earn as well, namely:
- They have their own Affiliate Program where you can excellent commission either monthly or annually.
- They also own Jaaxy and Jaaxy also has an Affiliate Program where you can earn excellent commission.
- Through their Open Education Project, you can earn money by creating popular tutorials.
1. Wealthy Affiliate’s Affiliate Program
On top of teaching how to succeed with well-known Affiliate Programs such as Amazon, Clickbank etc, Wealthy Affiliate also has its very own lucrative Affiliate Program.
Know nothing about Affiliate Marketing? Don’t worry, Wealthy Affiliate has got you covered. Kyle teaches you how to make money step-by-step in Affiliate Bootcamp.
Even Starter Members (Members who sign up free) are able to take the first Phase of Affiliate Bootcamp and are entitled to the following commission.
- Starter Members earn $ 4 for the first month when one of their Referrals goes Premium ($ 19)
- Starter Members earn $ 11.75 every month thereafter for their Premium Referrals ($ 49)
- Starter Members earn $ 117.50 a year when one of their Referrals opts to go Yearly ($ 495)
- Starter Members earn $ 23.25 a month for monthly Premium Plus referrals ($ 99)
- Starter Members earn $ 232.50 a year for yearly Premium Plus referrals ($ 995)
Premium Members earn double what Starter Members earn:
- Premium Members earn $ 1 for every new referral who joins and completes their profile
- Premium Members earn $ 8 for the first month when one of their Referrals goes Premium ($ 19)
- Premium Members earn $ 23.50 every month thereafter for their Premium Referrals ($ 49)
- Premium Members earn $ 235 per year when one of their Referrals opts to go Yearly ($ 495)
- Premium Members earn $ 46.50 a month for monthly Premium Plus referrals ($ 99)
- Premium Members earn $ 465 a year for yearly Premium Plus referrals ($ 995)
I created the little spreadsheet below to illustrate these figures:
So essentially, if you are very risk-averse or have no money to put down at all, you could:
- Join as a Free Starter Member
- Complete the First Online Certification Course
- Complete the first Phase of Affiliate Bootcamp
- Build a Free Website (you get a free Siterubix website on Starter Membership)
- And EARN the Commission to pay for your first month or two at Wealthy Affiliate
This works especially well if you market offline as well as online (i.e. if you have friends who are keen to build their own websites too and jump in with you).
Think how excited you’ll be when your first website is up… and remember Enthusiasm sells. If you show your website to someone you know has been considering setting up their own website, they may just buy in.
Jaaxy is a brilliant Keyword, Niche Research and SiteRank Tool. Read more about Jaaxy here.
I use Jaaxy for every single post I publish, whether it’s a guest post, contributed post or my own.
Jaaxy is a tool many bloggers use even if they are not members of Wealthy Affiliate and therefore it has a stand-alone website as well.
The awesome thing is, there is a Free Version of Jaaxy for Wealthy Affiliate Premium Members, Jaaxy Lite, which is perfect when you’re just starting out. There are two elite versions of Jaaxy. Jaaxy Pro and Jaaxy Enterprise.
More good news is that Jaaxy these are available at Half-Price for Premium Members and Jaaxy Enterprise is free to Premium Plus Members of Weathy Affiliate.
3. The Open Education Project
Once you’ve been a Member of WA for 3 months you can start sharing your own knowledge by adding your own Tutorials or Video Training.
You can earn ongoing income this way. Wealthy Affiliate pays you based on how many people have read or watched your entire training, liked it, commented on it and how responsive to are you to comments and questions.
Bottom line: The more popular your Training is, the more is you earn.
This is how Wealthy Affiliate has landed up with an incredible bank of Training, other than the official courses. I even have a few Tutorials of my own (been a bit slack, I know).
My most popular tutorial by far is this one: How to Earn Money from Blogs (before you have significant traffic)
Are there other ways to make money with a website?
Sure. There are plenty of ways. Once you have built an Authority website, you have a valuable asset.
Here 10 more ways you can make money with your website:
- Sponsored Posts
- Paid Guest Posting
- Paid Membership to Your Site
- Sell Advertising Space
- Pay Per Click Advertising
- Sell your own eBooks
- Sell your own Courses
- E-Commerce (sell your own products online) – See my RedBubble Store
- Flip Websites (or sell your site once it has some Authority)
- Create a Paid Business Directory Page
And you can learn how to do all this in Wealthy Affiliate. Remember, other than the core training, there are also thousands of tutorials added by Wealthy Affiliate Members, many of whom are experts in their field.
You also are learning valuable skills you can market
You might find, for example, that you actually love the first bit you learn at Wealthy Affiliate – creating the framework of a website and that’s a skill you can market. I made a few bucks this way when a friend of mine wanted a very simple website created for her Playschool.
Here are a few skills you might learn while you’re building your own site, that others will pay you to do for them. You can sell these skills on freelance websites like Fiverr or Upwork or to your friends.
- Content Writing
- Website Development
- SEO Services
- Keyword Research
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Online Training (eg. Udemy)
- Designing Images for Social Media
- Email Marketing
Wealthy Affiliate Success Stories
There are many members of Wealthy Affiliate who are earning money doing all kinds of things online.
I’ll highlight 5 Wealthy Affiliate Success Stories:
1. Steve of I’ve Tried That
I discovered Wealthy Affiliate when I read a review post about Steve of I’ve Tried That and so I’m actually one of his referrals. Here are a couple of his popular posts on WA:
Earnings Report: Here’s How I Made $8,871.03 from Blogging in May 2019
2. Nathaniell Brenes of One More Cup of Coffee
Here are some of my favourite posts by Nathaniell of One More Cup of Coffee.
Your First Website Doesn’t Have to be a Home Run
3. Lynne Huysamen – Kaboutjie
Lynne Huysamen of Kaboutjie is making Thousands of Dollars a month with Sponsored Posts and Paid Guest Posting opportunities. She has also received a free washing machine and microwave to review for sponsored post opportunities.
Perks of Blogging – Free Stuff
4. Janelle B.M. aka Cashed Up Nomad
Janelle of the Cashed Up Nomad just used all the knowledge she gained at Wealthy Affiliate to sell a really big ticket item online, a Catamaran. Don’t miss her awesome post:
I Sold a Very Big Ticket Item On My Website – hundreds of thousands of buckeroonies!
I took a screenshot of the Pricing page as Janelle said she will be taking this website down soon, now that the Catamaran it has been sold.
As you can see below, it was priced at $212,000 AUD Negotiable (am not sure of the price the buyer settled on).
5. Chris Myles aka Benji’s Dad
Chris Myles is a popular YouTuber who started out at Wealthy Affiliate. You can find him at Benji’s Dad.
I’m doing his Premium Plus classes on building a lucrative YouTube channel and they are awesome.
Chris also has a successful blog and is a Super Affiliate at WA, here’s his most recent Vegas experience.
Las Vegas 2020 WA Super Affiliate Conference: A REAL Eye-Opener
More Success Stories
Here’s another great post showing Proof Of Income by Wealthy Affiliate Members. Don’t miss the Featured Comment.
Comment Here if You’ve Made $500 – Don’t miss the Featured Comment and the Comments by Loes and Marion Black about how much they earn from their Tutorials via The Open Education Project.
Wealthy Affiliate Overview
- Name: Wealthy Affiliate
- Owners: Kyle and Carson
- Website: wealthyaffiliate.com
- Price: Starter Member – Free,
- Premium Member – $49 per month or $359 per year
Wealthy Affiliate Rankings
- Training: 10 out of 10
- Support: 10 out 10
- Website Builder: 10 out of 10
- Research Tools: 9 out of 10
- Site Comments Tool: 10 out 10
- Site Feedback Tool: 9 out of 10
- Site Content Editor: 10 out of 10
- Managed WordPress Hosting: 9 out of 10
- Site Support: 10 out of 10
- Success Stories: 10 out of 10
My Overall Ranking of Wealthy Affiliate: 98/100
Over to You
I’d love your comments below. Have you made money with Wealthy Affiliate?
Or are you ready to give it your best shot?