Digital Marketing is an ever-changing playground and it can be difficult to keep up with the latest global trends.
I’ve been researching trends on multiple platforms (YouTube, Pinterest, Google and LinkedIn) and trends differ depending on who’s sharing the information, however, there are a number of trends that stand out.
This information was presented in Cape Town on the16th May 2019 at the Social Media and Marketing Conference in Cape Town held by Ayihlome Training Projects. I’ve uploaded the files to Slideshare and I’ll add a video as soon as possible.
In this post, I’ll share 8 of the most prominent Online Marketing Trends today.
- Video Marketing
- Content Clusters
- OmniChannel Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- WhatsApp Marketing
- Live Chat and Chatbots
- Voice Search
As we go through each of them, I’d like you to keep this question in the back of your mind:
Which of these trends do you see as your BIGGEST OPPORTUNITY in 2019?
1. Video Marketing
Video is seen as a MEGATREND. There are 3 main reasons you’ll want to get into Video.
1. Videos are HUGELY Popular right now. Wouldn’t you rather watch a video than read an article? That’s exactly what your customers are doing.
2. Videos can be much more emotive and authentic than written content. They can bring a boring website to life.
3. Google loves video, especially YouTube videos embedding in posts. Videos are great for SEO.
Let’s just talk about YouTube. YouTube Stats are Crazy!
- Daily, People are watching 1 BILLION Hours of Video on YouTube.
- YouTube has nearly 2 Billion monthly active users.
- 4 x as many People prefer watching Videos on YouTube than any other Social Media Platform.
Advertising on YouTube
And, as Facebook Ads are becoming more expensive, it’s becoming more popular (and more effective) to advertise on YouTube.
You have a better chance of your Ad being seen and heard on YouTube. Facebook Ads start with the sound turned off and most people don’t turn it on.
Facebook has recently taken away some of its powerful targeting options. YouTube’s Targeting options are worth looking into. You can even target people who have been researching what you offer on YouTube (remember, Google owns YouTube).
2. Content Marketing
Content Marketing is here to stay. The more information and inspiration you can provide your clients, the better.
The latest trend in Content Marketing to look out for is Topic Clusters or
This is a unique method of Content creation that can boost your SEO, ease the flow of traffic through your website and dazzle your customers or clients with answers to all their questions.
The search engines reward sites that cover