I can’t afford that. I can’t do that. I don’t have time.
Do you think I’m made of money?
Do you think money grows on trees?
If you grew up middle-class, as I did, this is probably what you heard your parents saying.
And you might have caught yourself saying these kinds of phrases to your kids too.
So What’s a Money Blueprint?
Your money blueprint is every thought or belief about money that was passed down to you by your parents and your parent’s parents.
It seeps into your unconscious programming during your formative years as you observe and tune into your lifestyle, home surroundings and your family traditions.
By the time you’re seven years old, your beliefs are pretty much carved in stone.
Dr Bruce Lipton, the Author of the Amazon Bestseller, The Biology of Belief (Get it now on Amazon), explains that this is because our brain waves are in theta from the ages of 0–7 years, almost like a state of hypnosis.
That’s why young children seem to absorb everything like a sponge.
How does this affect your money blueprint?
- If you were brought up poor, you’re likely to remain poor.
- If you grew up in a middle-class household, you’ll have a middle-class money blueprint as an adult.
- And if you were fortunate enough to grow up wealthy, you’re all set to be wealthy.And this happens unconsciously.
Yet how is it then that some people go from rags to riches? What about self-made millionaires?
Or from riches to rags? What about those trust fund kids who gamble away the family fortune?
What do these people do to overturn their unconscious programming?
Image Credit: Free on Canva Pro
Can You Change Your Money Blueprint?
According to Dr Bruce Lipton, there are two ways.
- Hypnosis — go back into a theta state to reprogram your unconscious mind
- Repetition — repeated statements and behaviours become patterns and become habits
Which is why Affirmations work.
Start and end your day with statements like these:
Money Mindset Affirmations
- I enjoy making money.
- Making money is fun.
- The more money I make, the more people I can help.
- The wealthier I am, the more I have to give.
- I use my money to better the lives of myself, my family and others.
- I choose to live a rich, full life.
- I am a money magnet.
- Money flows freely to me.
- I am wealthy.
- Money comes to me in expected and unexpected ways.
- There is always more than enough money in my life.
- I deserve to be paid for the gifts I offer to the world.
- The more money I earn, the more I can upskill.
- I constantly attract opportunities that generate more income.
- I am grateful to be wealthy.
- I get to have, do and be whatever I want.
- I have the best luck with money.
Once you’ve repeated positive affirmations often enough, there’s a shift in your subconscious mind and the new belief becomes part of you.
Using Questions to Develop a Millionaire Mindset
And there’s another powerful to change your unconscious programming — I believe an even more powerful way.
It’s by asking the right questions. Don’t miss my post on Affirmations vs Afformations.
Robert Kiyosaki, Author of the bestselling book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad (Get it now on Amazon), says,
“Questions open the mind, statements close the mind”.
So, instead of stating,
I can’t afford it or I can’t do that or I don’t have time.
The rich will ask,
How can I afford it? How can I do that? How do I leverage my time?
So let’s turn those Affirmations into Afformations (questions).
Money Mindset Afformations
- How can I enjoy making money?
- What’s the most fun thing I can do today to make money?
- How can I make more money this month so I can help more people?
- How do I become wealthier so I can give more to others?
- How can I use my money to better the lives of myself, my family and others?
- How do I choose to rich, full life?
- How do I become a money magnet?
- Where can I see money flowing freely to me in my life?
- How can I become more wealthy?
- How do I get money to come to me in expected and unexpected ways?
- Why is there always more than enough money in my life?
- Why do I deserve to be paid for the gifts I offer to the world?
- How can I earn more money this month so I can develop my skills?
- How do I attract opportunities that generate more income?
- What am I grateful for today?
- How can I get to have, do and be whatever I want?
- How did I get so lucky with money?
How did that feel? Did you feel a shift in your money blueprint?
Here’s another way to shift your beliefs about money. Practice some EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). In this video, I’m Tapping on Money Blocks.
Wishing you all the best as you overturn your unconscious programming and change your money blueprint.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to hear more from me, I invite you to join my email list. Click here.
* If you purchase anything through a link in this article, you should assume that I have an affiliate relationship with the company providing the product or service that you purchase, and that I’ll be compensated in some small way at no extra cost to you.